Saturday, July 4, 2009

Crying like a baby

I was just on Facebook and noticed that Stacy (my sister for those of you who don't know) posted some pictures from the vacation that my family is on right now. There are a few pictures of Peyton, including one where she is on the phone with me. I haven't seen her face in weeks and seeing it just made me fall apart. I'm sitting on the couch in a hostel in Budapest waiting for my laundry to get done and crying my eyes out!! I'm sure I must look ridiculous but I don't care! I knew I would miss her when I decided to take this trip but I cannot believe how much I am feeling right now. I have consistently held to the principles of this trip: 1) it's worth doing even if it means being away, and 2) she's fine. I know these things to be true but it always amazes me how much you can love a child. And mine is AWESOME. I want to go home so badly right now.

2 comments:

  1. 2 more weeks and you can give that monkey a big hug!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I've missed your blog postings email. Now I'm sure it was a sight to see 1. you doing laundry 2. you crying while doing laundry. I didn't even think about the fact that I was taking the pic of you & P talking and then posting it. I'm sure that was a bit sureal in itself. Anyway, you'll be home soon. Kids are much tougher than the parents in most all aspects of life!

    ReplyDelete