Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hello from Croatia!...although most of this post is about Germany LOL










It's Thursday night here in Split, Croatia and I am leaving for Budapest in the morning. I have been on such a whirlwind tour that I needed to get down to the beach for a few days. Now that I am tan and happy again, I will give you an update! I promised Mette I would blog tonight, too :)










After Amsterdam I went to Munich, Germany. I was Couchsurfing there and I had the most wonderful host. Her name is Manuela and she is Austrian but she has lived and traveled all over the world. She is in incredible cook, too. She kept cooking healthy food, vegetables and stuff that I don't eat, but it was so good!! I met a girl on the train platform when I was leaving Amsterdam. Her name is Molly and she is legally blind. She was traveling alone all around Europe like me but her story is more inspiring. She was Couchsurfing, too, but her host was working a lot so she hung out with Manuela and me most of the time.








A couple days after I got to Munich, it really started hitting me how much I miss Peyton. I always think about her and I call her everyday but I got to the sad, crying stage. I know I can go home any time. All it takes is a phone call to the airline and I can be home in a matter of hours. I also know I would never forgive myself if I gave up and went home. As of tomorrow I will have been gone four weeks. I am having an amazing trip and I will probably never get the opportunity to do this again. But even if I do, I will take Peyton with me. I don't plan on ever being away from her for this long again!








On a lighter note, I am enjoying my time in Croatia. I have spent the last two days on a couple of beautiful beaches and now I'm ready to get back to touristy stuff! Everyone I talk to says Budapest is incredible. I will be staying with Elena Dimitrova, one of Nicole's exchange students from about five years ago. Oh, that reminds me...while I was in Munich I also met up with another of Nicole's exchange students, Jackie. We had breakfast the morning I left. It was good to see her again.








Well, I'm off to bed. I have a 7:30 train in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. I want to know the ingredients of authentic
    Hungarian Goulash!That is just fun to say,"Goulash".Anyway,as always be safe and keep
    sending those pics!

    ReplyDelete