Friday, June 26, 2009

This and that on a Friday night

If you don't already know this, European languages have letters in their alphabets that we do not have.  For example, on the keyboard I am using right now I have € and ö and ä and ü.  The Y is not in the usual place either.  It slows me down a bit because I make a lot of mistakes and have to figure out how to fix them!  Also, the word processor thinks all my English words are misspelled and everything I type is underlined in red!

My couchsurfing host in Munich is GREAT!  She is so energetic and cool.  She has been in advertising for 25 years and his this really creative and fun vibe.  She hooked me up with a good map of the city and the subway system.  I have to say the public transportation here is very good.    She gave me a ticket to get into town and the map and sent me on my way this morning.  When I walked out of the station I stepped into the most amazing scene.  There is a famous clock at the Town Hall called the Glockenspiel.  It was chiming 10 AM right at that moment.  The building is this massive and gorgoeous building and the clock is basically a HUGE cuckoo clock.  PLEASE google this since I still don't have the capacity to load my pics.  

So anyway, it is getting really late and Molly (another couchsurfer I met in Amsterdam who is also surfing in Munich right now) and I are going to Neuschwanstein Castle.  It's the castle that Disney based his famous castle on.  Should be cool!

1 comment:

  1. Checked it out.That is one big Glockenspiel!!!With all those moving parts it must take a while for the whole show to finish.Soak it in girl and get us some pics!!I know you are taking them but getting them sent must be prving difficult.Do the best you can and have a
    blast!

    ReplyDelete