Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hungary!

THESE ARE PICTURES FROM CROATIA!! I AM RUNNING A CITY BEHIND!!!!!!


Wow I have been in Budapest for almost a week now and I gotta tell ya, this is an "INTERESTING" place. I've seen things here I thought were only Eastern European cliches. But this whole trip is about having a meaningful learning experience so I will take it all in stride and laugh at the oddities for what they are.


I really have learned a lot on this trip. There is so much I want to do differently when I get home. From Norway: I want to eat much better bread. I may never buy sliced bread off the shelf anymore! From Germany: Manuela taught me how to make an amazing Italian dish. Now I really want to learn how to cook more! From Budapest: Elena has some of the most wonderful homemade preserves from Moldova. I want to learn how to make jams and jellies. I know it's not that hard, we used to do it all the time when I was younger. Amsterdam: I want to learn how to knit. A guy I met gave me some shoes his mom knit as part of her physical therapy after she broke her wrists. Now I want to make some, too!


I have also met a lot of of teachers on my travels. I am trying to collect ideas as I talk with all of them along the way. I have some really good and creative ideas for my classroom. I only hope my administrators appreciate my enthusiasm for engaging my students..HA HA HA!!


As of today, I have twelve more days before I go home. In some ways, I am SOOOO ready. You all know (if you've been reading my blog) how much I miss Peyton. And I've been moving from country to country and house to hostel and train to train for five weeks. I'm starting to get a little burned out now...BUT, tomorrow I leave for ITALY!!! I am extremely excited. I feel pretty certain, though, that I will have to come back to spend more time here in the future. It only cements my belief that i need to get a job teaching Advanced Placement European or World History so I can coordinate the summer trips overseas for students who want to study/travel abroad. IT WILL HAPPEN!




P.S. I apologize for not posting more pictures on my blog, but putting them on here is such a pain! I promise that once I get home I will share them ALL with you in whatever format you prefer :)

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you'll be doing more domestic things. This is very interesting considering you're NOT the domestic sister. I would love to learn these things that you are bringing back with you....better bread, italian dishes, jams....but I can do without the knitting. That doesn't interest me AT ALL! Have fun - it's almost over. Enjoy it while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't sweat the slow blog posts. Enjoy yourself! It seems silly to me to imagine you struggling to post during your visit.

    Thanks for the update! Love you.

    ReplyDelete